maxgb2000 Unban appeal

Sep 05, 19 23:42

maxgb2000

User

Dislikes: 0
Donated: 0

right so my username is maxgb2000 and I was banned for the reason "Lag mashines are not aloowed" and I was not doing a lag machines I was just unfortunate enough to be online when there was a massive lagspike going on. I don't even have a base yet I was just travelling really far from spawn. I find this really funny because its not even spelled correctly haha
uhh I think I might have said "maybe somebody is using a lag machine" or something like that but I don't understand how that warrants a ban for using one. :)

Sep 06, 19 7:35

MakThePenguin

User

Hello, I am NOT the one who banned you. However, Im pretty sure you were the one who said "Lag machines are so fun" during a lag spike. Now, likely you were joking. But if you've read our rules, you would know that we take such statements seriously. Further, at no point during your appeal did you show any sign of apology or remorse for what you did. Honestly, Normal ban appeals require you admit what you did, and then apologize for it and tell us why we should unban you. Coming here to say it was a mistake on OUR end isnt the way to get unbanned. 

Sep 06, 19 18:14

_MrTortoise_

User

Dislikes: 1
Donated: 20

Here is also the screenshot of what you said:Just thought you might want to see that as 'a reminder' of what you said too :-)

Sep 10, 19 12:54

Ambelsyn

User

Didn't ban you, nor can I because I have no authority on this server whatsoever.  If I'm not supposed to post here, please remove the post and I'll refrain from further comment.

I remember seeing this on discord, and I was playing a little bit during this timeframe.  I saw this as sarcasm given the follow up of "quit it you're not funny".  However, it could just as easily have been a snarky "lol I'm wrecking the server and having fun" kind of comment.  The server was in serious trouble, and there's no way to 100% determine sarcasm over text without explicitly saying your statement is sarcastic.  THIS is one of the reasons why jokes about hacking/exploiting/etc are not allowed, and that rule also extends to the times when you explicitly say it's a joke to hopefully remove as much gray area as possible.

Chatting on the server can be risky for some players, as the vast majority of internet communications for gamers are vulgar, entitled, or inappropriate for children.  Even if you understood the rules when you first joined, it's understandable that second nature sometimes gets the better of us.  So by showing remorse in an appeal over a joke you might have a chance at having your ban lifted, depending on how strict the staff is on jokes/sarcasm.  They could just as easily not see any value in taking a risk by letting you come back.

But take to heart what MakThePenguin said.  The way this appeal was presented feels entitled.  Whenever I made appeals to places I was banned from but wanted to return to, I was thorough and serious.  I suggest doing the same if you want a better chance at having your ban lifted, especially now that you have the exact phrase you used to trigger the ban.

You need to be logged in to make a reply

Version: 1.0.2

Created by DelviewHosts
Strictly Vanilla © 2019